BAYFERROX® powder pigments
In general, asphalt dyeing is facilitated by powder pigments.
The most frequently used colours are:
- BAYFERROX® 130 and 230 (A) red – that can be used in both black and transparent bitumen
- BAYFERROX® 920 yellow – exclusively for transparent bitumen
- COLORTHERM® Green GN – exclusively in transparent bitumen
Various advantages and disadvantages are linked with the use of powder pigments.
- Suitable for all types of asphalt
- No adjustment of either blending time and/or temperature required
- Low price
- Develops quite a lot of dust
- Poor flowability as compared with C types and polymer-encapsulated pigments
Packaging options: Sacks, big bags and tank trucks.